Sunday, November 14, 2010

Alexander the Great


A sit down with Alexander the Great (331 B.C.E.)

Q: How did you gain the throne?
A: After the beloved King Philip II was assassinated, my mother Olympias put me onto the throne.

Q: What was your first victory like?
A: When I defeated the Persians at the Granicus River, I was ecstatic and I knew my father would be proud of what I had accomplished; his dream of conquering the Persians.

Q: What did you do after your first victory?
A: I went through Asia Minor into Palestine and south to Egypt before turning east again to take Babylon in 331 B.C.E. My army and I destroyed everyone in our path to total domination.

Q: Why did you pull out of India?
A: We had never lost a battle, but my soldiers were exhausted from our long campaign. Reluctantly, I also turned back to Babylon where I began planning a new campaign.

Q: What do you want your legacy to be?
A: I want to have cultures combine and have Alexandria as the cultural capital. My Hellenistic lifestyle will give new roles for women and they will love me for what I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment