Sunday, November 14, 2010

Julius Caesar/Fall of the Roman Republic


A sit down with Julius Caesar (58 B.C.E)

Q: How did you become a significant leader?
A: The Fall of the Roman Republic allowed me to emerge a leader for the Roman people. I plan on dominating Europe.

Q: How would you describe yourself?
A: A ruthless and ambitious military commander. I am also a tremendous leader.

Q: Why did you cross the Rubicon River, which no one had taken an army with before?
A: I was showing Pompey that I am all business, you cannot just tell me what to do and expect me to do it. I am the leader and I take orders from no one.

Q: Why did you make reforms?
A: Here in Rome we have tons of problems. I made a reform to employ the jobless and give land to the poor. I reorganized the government of provinces and granted Roman citizenship to more people. I also reformed the calendar based on that of the Egyptians.

Q: Why were you killed?
A: The Senate was worried I was going to make myself King of Rome so they assassinated me.

Q: Do you think a war will result after your death?
A: There were most likely be a power struggle so there will most likely be a war to gain the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment